Executive Liability Practice Marketing Specialist
Under minimal supervision, the XLP Marketing Specialist is responsible for marketing new and renewal XLP coverages (D&O, EPL, Fiduciary, Crime and K/R), managing the marketing process and providing advice and assistance requiring advanced technical and industry knowledge to meet client and Team needs and resolve difficulties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interact with Business Insurance Department teams in order to market and place XLP coverages
- Review submission of current / renewal policy, historical claims experience, and additional related materials required to prepare for submission of risk. Advise Team if further information or clarification is needed
- Advise Client Executive, educating and informing them of recent industry trends and events and other account specific factors which may affect Carrier quotes or requirements
- Submit the risk to the marketplace ensuring carriers have all information they require and data is accurate and current
- Provide Teams marketing summaries as needed
- Correspond with carrier representatives to coordinate activity, provide information, and advocate on behalf of the client, suggesting limitations and/or modifications to the policy terms to obtain the best possible quotes and coverages
- Analyze market proposals to verify coverages, premium rates and competitiveness.
- Identify and resolve with underwriter(s) any omissions or shortfalls on viable quotes
- Present quotes to Client Executive /Teams
- Summarize the submissions made, quotes received and factors that affected quotes
- Prepare proposal pages including policy comparisons as needed
- Provide assistance to Teams if needed for midterm negotiations with Carriers Develop and maintain thorough understanding of XLP coverage, coverage developments and enhancement and differences between various carriers’ policies and endorsements
- Provide direction to, mentor and train XLP Marketing Associate
- Establish and maintain effective, positive working relationships with Associates, clients and carriers
- Ensure deliverables are prepared to satisfy client and carrier requirements and according to renewal schedule
- Facilitate problem solving and collaboration when faced with client or Team difficulties
Education and/or Experience
A service oriented individual with high personal standards and a hands-on work style, comfortable working at a varying pace, managing multiple deadlines, and adjusting priorities is required. In addition, this position interacts with a large group of internal associates and with carriers with whom maintaining excellent relationships are crucial to our firm and clients’ success.
- Must possess a strong understanding of XLP coverages, exposure issues and carriers such that this expertise is recognized by colleagues and clients
- Successful work history to include 3 to 5 years experience in a professional office setting in which job responsibilities were directly related to XLP coverages specified above
- Excellent understanding of insurance terminology and the functions of an insurance brokerage agency
- Proficiency with personal computers and Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Word, Excel and PowerPoint) with the ability to operate standard office equipment is required
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities with a strong attention to detail
- Maintain a valid Drivers License & have reliable transportation
- Advanced insurance designations applicable to the above duties strongly preferred as well as a willingness to pursue continuing education and professional development
- Significantly exceed expectations in existing position if currently employed at Marsh & McLennan
- Prioritize tasks, set and achieve goals, think logically in solving problems and present results neatly, with clarity and precision in both oral and written form
- Possess and maintain a valid unrestricted California Fire and Casualty Brokers License
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- Ability to use computer keyboard and sit in a stationary position for extended periods
- Work is performed in a typical interior/office work environment
- Travel consisting of 3-5 days per month to clients within San Diego and Orange Counties
- Extended work hours of up to 10 hrs/day required on occasion due to seasonal workload and participation in networking and industry functions that begin well before the workday, and may extend well into the evening. Occasional overnight travel may be required.
Click HERE for PDF version.