Executive Liability Practice Marketing Associate
The XLP Marketing Associate’s primary focus is to provide support to XLP Marketing Specialist in placement of private company D&O, EPL, Fiduciary, Crime and K/R insurance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interact with Commercial Department teams in order to assist with marketing and placement private company D&O, EPL, Fiduciary, Crime and K/R insurance.
- Responsible for various aspects of marketing XLP accounts including:
- Sending renewal solicitations to the XLP team.
- Setting up I/R files
- Management of XLP marketing group expiration list.
- Sending out submissions to carriers
- Follow up with carriers to confirm receipt of submission, identify additional information required and ensure the carrier will meet deadlines
- Initial review of quotations and negotiations with underwriters
- Submit risks to the marketplace ensuring carriers have all information they require and data is accurate and current.
- Provide Client Executive marketing summaries as needed
- Correspond with carrier representatives to coordinate activity, provide information, and advocate on behalf of the client, suggesting limitations and/or modifications to the policy terms to obtain the best possible quotes.
- Analyze market proposals to verify coverages, premium rates and competitiveness.
- Call attention to and resolve with underwriter(s) any omissions on viable quotes.
- Assist with preparing/presenting quotes to Client Executives and bind coverage
- Initial preparation of proposal pages including policy comparisons as needed.
- Provide oversight to Client Executive and Client Administrator when coverage is to be bound.
- Provide assistance in midterm negotiations with Carriers
- Develop and maintain thorough understanding of XLP coverages, coverage developments, enhancements and differences between various carrier policies
- Establish and maintain effective, positive working relationships with associates, clients and carriers.
- Ensure deliverables are prepared to satisfy client and carrier requirements and schedule.
- Complete Surplus Lines Association filings
- Manage carrier contact list.
Education and/or Experience
A service oriented individual with high personal standards and a hands-on work style, comfortable working at a varying pace, managing multiple deadlines, and adjusting priorities is required. In addition, this position interacts with a large group of internal associates and with carriers with whom maintaining excellent relationships are crucial to our firm and clients’ success.
- Preferred candidate will possess a basic understanding of D&O, EPL, Fiduciary Liability, Crime and K/R coverages, exposure issues and carriers.
- Successful work history to include 1 year experience in a professional office setting, preferably in which job responsibilities were related to those specified above.
- Obtain and maintain a valid unrestricted California Fire and Casualty Brokers License.
- Proficiency with personal computers and Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Word, Excel and PowerPoint) with the ability to operate standard office equipment is required.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Maintain a valid Drivers License & have reliable transportation.
- Willingness to pursue continuing education and professional development.
- Significantly exceed expectations in existing position if currently employed at Marsh & McLennan.
- Basic understanding of insurance terminology, the functions of an insurance brokerage agency and the various lines of commercial insurance.
- Prioritize tasks, set and achieve goals, think logically in solving problems and present results neatly, with clarity and precision in both oral and written form.
Click HERE for PDF version.