Client Service Executive, Trust Services
Oversee the strategic process of Trust accounts while leading the Trust Service Team. Responsible for retention of existing Trust business as well as the development and onboarding of new business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee ongoing client service activities for strategically identified Trust participating employers.
- Liaison with select Producers to service participating clients in a Trust with the EB Programs & Trust team.
- Meet with participating clients throughout the year to ensure a high level of service is provided and that client expectations are being met.
- Responsible for meeting business retention goals associated with the renewal of participating employers in a Trust.
- Participate in development of new business with existing clients by rounding out programs with additional and/or increased lines of coverage.
- Develop strong business relationships with participating Trust employers.
- Direct Trust Service Team in resolving routine client Investigate reoccurring and non-routine client and carrier concerns and bring to a successful resolution.
- Manage the renewal of existing plans.
- Coordinate with select Producers to prepare and present the Trust renewal to participating employers.
- Lead the Trust Service Team to prepare and deliver the accepted renewal action for participating employers to the EB Programs Team for configuration.
- Provide direction to Trust Service Team for employer communication pieces.
- Recommend improvements based on changing employee benefit legislation, suggest strategies to address client concerns, and provide resolutions if discrepancies, errors or inconsistencies are contained within the information
- Act as a leader for Trust Service Team members.
- Create an environment oriented to trust, open communication, and cohesive team
- Facilitate problem solving and collaboration when faced with client difficulties
- Focus the team on client requirements, familiarizing them with client specifications, work procedures and processes, quality standards, techniques and tools to support performance
- Provide necessary business information to enhance the team’s professional development
- Ensure deliverables satisfy client requirements, cost and schedule
- Ensure good file maintenance with documentation of account issues and maintenance of the Agency Management System
- Establish and consistently maintain effective and positive working relationships with Associates and clients
Education and/or Experience
- A minimum of 7 - 10 years’ experience servicing small and large client group health and benefit products.
- Bachelor degree strongly preferred.
- Professional history must show increasing levels responsibility directly related to the performance of the above duties.
- Strong familiarity with the Employee Benefits marketplace to include unique business industry needs, educational and professional development associations, carriers, and other broker agencies.
- Current technical knowledge and understanding of Employee Benefit federal and state legislation.
- Ability to make independent decisions and use good judgment in addressing and servicing client needs.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to provide non-technical explanations to technical matters, and summarize and present information in a clear, concise and accurate written and verbal format.
- Maintain a valid unrestricted Life and Disability License in California and meet the continuing education If involved in the sale of Long Term Care, the individual must maintain the proper certification through continuing education.
- Maintain a valid California driver's license and dependable transportation.
- Must have knowledge of personal computing with the ability and willingness to learn and use all computer programs as required.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
- Ability to use computer keyboard and sit in a stationary position for extended periods as well as the use of office equipment such as fax and copy machines, and Work is performed in a typical interior/office work environment
- Travel to client sites is Usually travel is within driving distance, but may occasionally consist of 2 – 5 night stay out of town
- Extended work hours (10 – 12 hrs/day) required on occasion to attend and participate in networking and industry functions that begin before the workday, and may extend into the evening.
Click HERE for PDF version.