Client Sales Associate - Employee Benefits Division
This position prepares an associate to progress into the Client Executive Sales position. Sales Associates work in a variety of situations, at times working as members of a team and other times working alone on an assignment. Client Executive Associates are under close supervision of the Practice Group Leader and performance is monitored to assess readiness for advancement as opportunities arise.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for developing existing client relationships and new business opportunities via meetings, telephone calls and emails as agreed upon by the associate and the Practice Group Leader.
- Consult with clients regarding their Employee Benefits options (medical, dental, life, disability etc.) to identify how they can make their business more profitable.
- Advise on existing product solutions and forthcoming product developments.
- Coordinate servicing of the client within the scope of the services available.
- Provide accurate, rapid cost calculations, and quotations based on variations in coverages.
- Meet with the Sales Manager to review goals and prospective clients, and review sales performance against targets as experience is gained.
- Represent the firm at trade exhibitions and events.
- Record sales information and provide to appropriate departments within the firm.
- Develop problem-solving skills to understand, anticipate, and meet clients' needs.
- Attend departmental and sales meetings as required.
- Identify needs and competencies to be acquired, and make use of training opportunities.
- Learn client policy requirements, internal systems such as AgencyInsight, ACT and ImageRight, and departmental procedures/policies.
- Plan ahead and problem solve - anticipate, report, and help resolve problems that occur.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- College degree required.
- Obtain and maintain a valid unrestricted Life and Disability License in CA and meet the continuing education requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve problems and present results neatly, with clarity and precision in oral and written form.
- A confident and determined approach with the capacity to flourish in a competitive environment.
- Resilience and the ability to cope with rejection.
- A high degree of self-motivation and drive.
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Proficiency with personal computers and Microsoft Office applications and the ability to operate standard office equipment is required.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Must have a strong attention to detail.
- Must maintain client confidentiality.
- A valid Drivers License reliable transportation is required.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- 15% - 30% travel may be required.
- Extended work hours (10 – 12 hrs/day) required due to attendance at and participation in networking and industry functions that begin before the workday, and extend into the evening.
- Office environment, except during periods of travel.
Click HERE for PDF version.