Client Executive Sales, Commercial Division
Under the guidance of the Sales Manager, this position is responsible for developing new accounts and retention of existing business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop new business to achieve sales goals as agreed upon by the Client Executive and the Director of Sales.
- Research prospective clients to assess exposure by evaluating financials, operations, industry challenges and other determinative factors.
- Become proficient at assessing viability of new business opportunities, through investigation of their current broker relationship, services received through their current broker, coverage sufficiency and any value added services we may be able to provide.
- Provide written prospect reports summarizing findings.
- Attend industry specific seminars, workshops, and other networking events to develop contacts and relationships which may lead to niche market opportunities.
- Develop and adhere to a disciplined sales strategy in conjunction with Managing Director and overall strategy of the Commercial unit.
- Provide the Director of Sales with monthly Business Production status reports on revenue and new business pipeline.
- Achieve renewal business goals as agreed upon by the individual and the Director of Sales through management of the renewal process and ongoing client service.
- Negotiate price and key coverage features with underwriter on behalf of the client.
- Educate client regarding current coverage.
- Create and present renewal proposal to client, including coverage offers for exposures not currently insured.
- Act as the point of contact between the underwriter and the client, coordinate underwriter meetings to ensure all underwriter requirements are fulfilled and concerns addressed.
- Assist client with claims advocacy as necessary.
- Develop strong relationships with client senior management and insurance carriers.
- Support the maintenance of the agency management systems (i.e., ImageRight, AgencyInsight, etc.).
- Establish and maintain organized, accurate client files with appropriate documentation of client issues.
- Attend Departmental and Sales meetings as required.
- Assist with account rounding and developing educational and sales tools within the Commercial Department.
- Assist with external educational materials, for clients and centers of influence. This may include creating articles, presentations, seminar material, white papers, etc.
- Manage/collect receivables in conjunction with Client Associate/Manager.
- Coordinate activities and service deliverables for clients.
- Review and deliver summary, proposals and policies.
- Complete and/or Update EAW’s annually on all accounts (Exposure Analysis Worksheets).
- Coordinate delivery of binders and invoices.
- Manage all facets of new Client renewal process.
- Orchestrate new and renewal strategy meetings.
- Gather underwriting information.
- Oversee process of preparing and updating underwriting specifications.
- Coordinate coverage placement through instructions provided to Marketing and Client Administrator, review and deliver binders, invoices, etc.
- Prepare all orders and instructions to Client Administrator (Ex: Coverage Binding Checklists & Subjectivities)
- Manage expiration lists.
Education and/or Experience
- Must have the verbal, quantitative and interpersonal skills normally acquired through the completion of a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business administration with finance concentration.
- Must have a comprehensive and up-to-date knowledge of the Commercial insurance marketplace and a broad understanding of property and liability insurance products.
- Obtain and maintain a valid unrestricted Property & Casualty Solicitor’s License for the State of California, a valid California driver’s license and a dependable car. Meet all continuing education requirements for licensing.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office software (Outlook, Word and Excel) and the Internet.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills required as well as ability to independently manage time and prioritize. Must be well organized, dependable and team oriented.
- Must be enrolled in B&B PEP Program, working to achieve a new designation approved by the Director of Sales.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- 15% - 30% travel may be required. Trips ranging from one day to one week, both in and out of state.
- Extended work hours (10 – 12 hrs/day) required on occasion due to attend and participate at networking and industry functions that begin well before the workday, and may extend well into the evening.
- Office environment, except during periods of travel.
Click HERE for PDF version.