Administrative Business Partner - Sales Support
This position is to provide administrative and project management support to a select group of Producers within the Business Insurance department. This includes coordination of calendars, events, and various other ongoing projects for the identified individuals. Additionally, this position will serve as a project manager to assist the Producers with the ongoing management of their clients. This includes regular communication with the service team to obtain status updates on outstanding client service items and acting as a point person to help keep service schedules on track.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support for the identified Producers in the following areas:
- Calendar management – assist with scheduling client and prospect meetings, events, and other appointments
- Event support – assist with organizing, planning, and execution for special client and prospect entertainment events throughout the year
- Prepare expense reports
- Other clerical duties as needed
- Manage and distribute incoming information to appropriate individuals while the Principal is out of the office or is unavailable
- Ensure confidential information is handled in a professional and discrete manner
- Plan and coordinate meetings to include inviting attendees, preparing presentation materials and ensuring that space, layout and audio/visual equipment requirements are available during meetings.
- Coordinate travel
- Book airline tickets, hotel and other reservations as needed
- Create an itinerary packet containing the flight schedule, hotel and car rental information, driving directions, area restaurants and attractions, and daily schedule.
- Provide project management support to the identified Producers in the following areas:
- Maintain an ongoing calendar of all client renewals, and manage key service deliverables by communicating regularly with the client service team members
- Maintain an ongoing summary of various open items for all clients and prospects of the identified Producer. Provide regular status updates, either in person or in writing, regarding these open items and engage the Producer as necessary where needed.
- Communicate directly with clients when needed to assist the Producer and service team when open items have stalled and information/feedback is needed.
Education and/or Experience
Successful candidate is service oriented with high personal standards and a hands-on work style. Comfort working at a varying pace, adjusting priorities often, and managing frequent interruptions is needed. This position interacts with a large group of internal associates. The individual must be positive and approachable, and work effectively with diverse personalities. In addition, the following is required:
- Successful work history to include a minimum of 3-5 years industry experience in a professional office setting. Experience directly related to job responsibilities specified above strongly preferred.
- A good understanding of insurance terminology, the general functions of an insurance broker, and the various lines of commercial insurance.
- High school diploma or equivalent, basic math skills, and good communication skills required.
- Familiarity with personal computers using Windows and Internet based applications and the ability to operate standard office equipment is required. Experience using UPS, Federal Express or other online shipping application, and MS Office Outlook email preferred.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Maintain a valid California Driver License and have reliable transportation.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
- Ability to use standard office equipment such as computer, telephone, copier, printer, and fax.
- Work is usually performed in a typical interior/office work environment. However, occasionally work is performed in a storage areas without temperature controlled environments and dim lighting.
- This is a physically active position requiring the ability to stoop and bend, walk and stand constantly throughout the day, and lift and move up to 60 lbs. regularly.
Click HERE for PDF version.